Peanut Butter Protein Balls
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
These protein balls take about 5 minutes to make and are the perfect portable breakfast, snack or quick lunch if you're a mover and shaker on the go! They remind me a little of no-cook Anzac biscuits and are packed with rolled oats, coconut, dates, Healthy Chef Protein + your choice of nut butter. For these ones I've used peanut butter but feel free to use whatever nut butter you have in the fridge. They are also perfect to pack into the back of a cycling jersey as an energy snack for those times when you need a pick me up.
Makes 12 balls
120 g fresh pitted dates
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Protein
150 g peanut butter or your choice of nut butter (almond, macadamia etc)
a little water to mix if needed
- Combine dates, oats, coconut and Healthy Chef Protein into a food processor or blender.
- Mix through until the mixture looks like crumbs and dates have mixed through the oats.
- Remove the mixture and place into a large bowl.
- Add the nut butter and mix through until combined. Add more water if needed to mix into a dough.
- Scoop out 12 portions using a small ice cream scoop.
- Roll into balls and roll in chopped nuts, oats, granola or coconut.
- Store in the fridge for optimum freshness until needed for up to 7 days.