Roasted Carrot With Almond Dukkah + Labne
What's great about it
I absolutely love this salad! It's a staple in my home and it's delicious warm straight out of the oven or cold the next day for a delicious healthy lunch. Roasting brings out the natural flavours of the carrot and the dukkah intensifies the deliciousness. Simple to make and delicious to eat. Carrots contain vitamin A precursors called carotenoids (Beta carotene) that help promote vision and support a healthy immune system.
1.5 kgs organic carrots (I used assorted Heirloom carrots)
3 tablespoons olive oil - I used a lovely lemon scented olive oil
sea salt - good pinch
Fresh thyme - few sprigs
2 large handfuls rocket leaves
Labne to serve (see below)
Almond Dukkah to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Cut the carrots in half then into lengths and place onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the salt.
- Massage the oil and salt over the carrots and add thyme.
- Spread the carrots out onto 2 baking trays to create room for even roasting if you feel it's necessary.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and softened.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the carrots into a bowl and fold through rocket leaves gently.
- Pile onto a serving board.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice and top with labne and Almond Dukkah
Notes and Inspiration
Goats curd, feta or haloumi can be used in place of the labne.
Tahini dressing can be used in place of the labne for a dairy free alternative.
Enjoy cold for lunch the next day.
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup water
1/2 lemon juiced
1 orange juiced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients to form a smooth dressing consistency. Add more water if needed. Enjoy.