SMOKED SALMON CAESAR SALAD
What's great about it
1 baby cos lettuce, washed and cut in half
200g smoked salmon or ocean trout
1 avocado, cut in half
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 toasted nori sheets
2 tablespoons capers
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing:
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup brazil nuts or macadamia nuts
1/2 small clove garlic
pinch sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1. MAKE the vegan parmesan and combine the nuts, garlic, salt and turmeric into a food processor or blender.
2. PROCESS for a few seconds until crumbly and golden.
3. COMBINE the dressing ingredients and set aside.
4. ARRANGE cos lettuce onto 2 serving plates.
5. TOP each salad with 1/2 avocado and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
6. GARNISH with sliced red onion, nori, parmesan and capers.
7. ARRANGE over the salmon then spoon over the dressing.
Notes and Inspiration
Macadamia Parmesan will store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.