Healthy Spelt Lamingtons
What's great about it
Makes 40 lamingtons.
250 g (8 oz ) butter, softened (see notes)
180 g (6 oz / 1/2 cup) raw honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
4 organic eggs, room temperature
125 ml (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup) buttermilk or drinking coconut milk
300 g (10 1/2 oz / 2 1/2 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
125 g (4 oz) raspberries, fresh or frozen
shredded coconut for rolling
Naked Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
2 tablespoons tahini (room temperature)
1/2 cup extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil, melted
4 tablespoons Naked Chocolat or cacao
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. PREHEAT you oven to 160°C fan-forced (320°F).
2. PREPARE a 30 x 20 cm (11 x 8 inches) shallow baing tin by lining the base and sides with baking paper.
3. COMBINE butter, honey and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
4. BEAT well for 10 minutes until creamy.
5. ADD eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. ADD buttermilk followed by the spelt flour and baking powder.
7. FOLD in by hand using a large spoon or spatula until combined.
8. SPOON the batter into the lined baking tin and sprinkle with raspberries.
9. BAKE for 50 minutes until cooked then cool completely.
10. CUT the lamington into squares.
11. COMBINE all the Naked Chocolate Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
12. MIX well until combined.
13. DIP each piece of lamington into chocolate sauce then roll in the coconut
14. PLACE onto a clean tray and allow to set.