My Healthy Tasty Lamington Smoothie
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This Lamington inspired smoothie has everything you need to maintain your energy as its full of healthy fats, protein, vitamins, fibre and minerals. If you want this as a breakfast smoothie just omit the raw chocolate sauce in the recipe and add use chocolate protein powder or add 1 generous teaspoon of Naked Chocolate before blending. The addition of cashew milk helps boost endorphins and helps reduces stress. This is because they are high in the amino acid tryptophan which helps to make serotonin – the FEEL GOOD hormone responsible for feelings of wellbeing and feeling great!
1 cup coconut water (see notes)
1/2 cups cashew milk (which is what I used) or alternatively use almond milk or coconut milk
1 spoonful of protein powder
1/2 - 1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon coconut butter or alternatively use tahini for boosted minerals
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
small pinch cinnamon ground
1 cup ice
NAKED CHOCOLATE FUDGE SAUCE (see notes)
1 tablespoon tahini (room temperature)
1 tablespoon extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil (room temperature)
1/2 tablespoon Naked Chocolat or cacao
1 tablespoon freshly boiled water
1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or stevia or raw honey if needed
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE FUDGE SAUCE FIRST IF USING.
- COMBINE tahini, coconut oil and Naked Chocolat into a small cup and mix through until smooth and silky.
- TASTE then adjust sweetness if you need it - for me, the smoothie part balances the chocolate addition.
- LINE the top and the base of a glass with half of the chocolate fudge sauce. You can dip the top of the glass in coconut if you want to make it fancy.
- ADD hot water to the other half of the sauce and mix through - set aside.
- COMBINE coconut water, cashew milk, protein powder, banana, coconut butter, vanilla, cinnamon and ice.
- BLEND until smooth and creamy.
- POUR into the glass then drizzle in the rest of the chocolate sauce.
- SERVE immediately and enjoy.