Gluten-Free Lamington Cupcakes
What's great about it
Introducing my latest creation... Gluten-Free Lamington Cupcakes! They're made from almonds, coconut and organic eggs then topped with a velvety smooth chocolate frosting made from Naked Chocolat that will truly satisfy the tastebuds. I have two more glorious lamington recipes in my latest cookbook Healthy Baking. This healthy twist on the traditional Australian Lamington won't disappoint!
Makes 10 lamingtons
300 g (10 1/2 oz / 3 cups) almond meal
75 g (1 cup / 21/2 oz) desiccated coconut
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
80 ml (2 3/4 fl oz / 1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
80 ml (2 3/4 fl oz / 1/3 cup) organic maple syrup
4 organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
125 ml (1/2 cup) almond milk or coconut milk
500 g (16 oz) cream cheese, quark or strained Greek-style yoghurt (labna). For this recipe I've used cream cheese
60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) Naked Chocolat or raw cocoa powder
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) organic maples syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F).
- COMBINE almond meal, coconut and baking powder in a large bowl.
- ADD olive oil, maple syrup, organic eggs, vanilla and sea salt.
- MIX well then add almond milk or coconut milk if using.
- SPOON lamington cupcake batter into 10 lined cupcake tins.
- BAKE for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- REMOVE from the oven and cool completely.
- COMBINE all the frosting ingredients until smooth using a whisk or stand mixer.
- APPLY generous amounts of frosting to each lamington cupcake.
- TOP with coconut flakes and store in the fridge until required.
- STORE cupcakes in the fridge (covered) for up to 4 days.
Notes and Inspiration
ADD the zest of 1 orange and use orange juice in place of almond milk.
SCATTER the top with raspberries.