Gluten-Free Lamington Cupcakes
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Introducing my latest creation... Gluten-Free Lamington Cupcakes! They're made from almonds, coconut and organic eggs then topped with a velvety smooth chocolate frosting made from Naked Chocolat that will truly satisfy the tastebuds. I have two more glorious lamington recipes in my latest cookbook Healthy Baking. This healthy twist on the traditional Australian Lamington won't disappoint!
Makes 10 lamingtons
300 g (10 1/2 oz / 3 cups) almond meal
75 g (1 cup / 21/2 oz) desiccated coconut
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
80 ml (2 3/4 fl oz / 1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
80 ml (2 3/4 fl oz / 1/3 cup) organic maple syrup
4 organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
125 ml (1/2 cup) almond milk or coconut milk
500 g (16 oz) cream cheese, quark or strained Greek-style yoghurt (labna). For this recipe I've used cream cheese
60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) Naked Chocolat or raw cocoa powder
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) organic maples syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F).
- COMBINE almond meal, coconut and baking powder in a large bowl.
- ADD olive oil, maple syrup, organic eggs, vanilla and sea salt.
- MIX well then add almond milk or coconut milk if using.
- SPOON lamington cupcake batter into 10 lined cupcake tins.
- BAKE for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- REMOVE from the oven and cool completely.
- COMBINE all the frosting ingredients until smooth using a whisk or stand mixer.
- APPLY generous amounts of frosting to each lamington cupcake.
- TOP with coconut flakes and store in the fridge until required.
- STORE cupcakes in the fridge (covered) for up to 4 days.
Notes and Inspiration
ADD the zest of 1 orange and use orange juice in place of almond milk.
SCATTER the top with raspberries.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
You will absolutely love my lamington recipe – made from fresh whipped organic eggs, coconut...