Vegan Banana Bread
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This delicious sunshine in a loaf is featured in my new Healthy Baking cookbook. A tropical take on the classic banana bread, this vegan version uses desiccated coconut and almond meal to create a lusciously sweet and nutty flavour. It is also gluten-free and egg free, making it perfect for anyone with a food allergy or intolerance.
450 g (15 3/4 oz) smashed banana
60 ml (2 oz / 1/4 cup) organic maple syrup
60 ml (2 oz / 1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
180 g (6 oz ) desiccated coconut
180 g (6 oz ) almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan-forced (320°F).
- Combine banana, maple syrup, olive oil, cinnamon and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut and almond meal and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 1 hour until cooked through – test with a skewer rest before removing from the oven.
- Cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy.
- Serve warm by toasting slices on a hot plate or pan.
Notes and Inspiration
Use coconut oil in place of olive oil.
Serve toasted with nut butter or ricotta and honey.
Perfect for school lunch boxes.
For another delicious healthy banana bread recipe, make my Gluten-Free Banana Bread
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
This makes a nice change from typical store bought and cafe style banana breads that...