Zucchini, Kale + Feta Muffins
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
1 leeks, washed finely sliced
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive or avocado oil
2 - 3 handfuls baby kale
3 zucchini, grated and squeezed
pinch sea salt
80 g quality feta cheese (see notes)
6 organic eggs
1 lemon, zest only
Handful chopped parsley
small handful pine-nuts
1. Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
2. Sauté leek in a large heavy based pot until softened.
3. Add kale and cook through for 5 minutes until soft and wilted.
4. Add zucchini and parsely and season with salt and lemon zest.
5. Spoon the mixture into individual large muffin tins or a large a 20 cm pie dish.
6. Break eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly until combined.
7. Pour the eggs over the greens.
8. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over with a few pine-nuts.
9. Bake muffins for 30 minutes or individual pie for 40 minutes.
10. Enjoy hot or cold.
Notes and Inspiration
Use ricotta or goat's cheese in place of feta.
Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve alongside salad for lunch or dinner.
Enjoy on its own as a healthy snack.