Detox Energy Salad
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
These ingredients have been specifically chosen to detoxify, alkalinise and heal the body. Eating one bowl a day will promote clear glowing skin, a healthy digestive system and endless vitality. Leafy greens are power-packed with naturally occurring nutrients including chlorophyll, beta carotene, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, amino acids, calcium, potassium and magnesium. They work as a natural anti-inflammatory in the body and a key nutrient in supporting digestive health and detoxification in the body.
4 handfuls mixed leafy greens (cos, butter lettuce, iceberg, rocket, spinach, micro greens etc)
1 avocado, quartered
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons roasted buckwheat
2 tablespoons goji berries or the jewels from 1 pomegranate
2 teaspoons ground flax seed (linseed) or LSA
- Arrange the salad leaves into serving bowls.
- Add the avocado quarters and sprinkle over the seeds, buckwheat, flaxseed and goji.
- Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over the top of the salad before serving.
- Make a simple dressing - 4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic or lemon juice.
Notes and Inspiration
- Use parsley and mint salsa verde in place of dressing above. Just blend 2 bunches parsley, 1 bunch mint, juice and zest from 1 lemon + 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Pump up the protein by serving with steamed white fish or organic egg.
- Enhance detoxification by adding 1/2 raw grated or roasted beetroot.