Protein Power Balls
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is a power packed protein ball recipe from my new cookbook. It's loaded with protein at 10 grams per serve and also high in superfoods, therefore bursting with antioxidants. I normally whip up a batch at the beginning of the week because it's a fantastic grab and go snack if I'm rushing around and need a little sustenance, or purely just to satisfy any sugar cravings when the afternoon munchies hit.
330 g raw whole almonds or walnuts
20 fresh dates, pitted
3 generous tablespoons of raw cacao or my Naked Chocolat
1 teaspoon natural vanilla paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch flaked sea salt
Coconut, Goji berry, Cacao, Nuts, Healthy Chef Matcha for rolling
- Throw almonds into the food processor with cinnamon, protein powder, a little orange zest and naked chocolat, then process until the mix looks crumbly.
- Add the dates and vanilla extract then process again until the mix starts to come together.
- Add the juice of 1/2 orange if needed, so that mixture is soft and forms a soft ball.
- Form into 14 decent sized balls.
- Roll in coconut or any other of my suggested coatings and store in the fridge until you feel like a snack.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks if they last that long.
Notes and Inspiration
Add 1 tablespoon of Healthy Chef Organic Superfood for a berry flavour and boost of antioxidants.
Blend 2 Power Balls with 1 cup of cold pressed almond milk or coconut water and frozen banana for the most delicious power packed smoothie.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
I love making protein balls and always have a batch in the fridge for when...