Apple Pie Smoothie
What's great about it
This apple pie smoothie is incredible and bursting with health benefits. It's been my daily breakfast smoothie of the moment for the last few weeks and it's just like eating apple pie for breakfast! It's high in complete protein and a healthy dose of fibre (probiotics) for healthy digestion - the perfect healthy breakfast or snack full of seasonal apples and scented with a hint of cinnamon.
2 small red organic apples, chopped with skin
1/4 cup (60ml) water or apple juice
1 1/2 cups (357ml) almond milk, cashew milk, walnut milk or rice milk.
2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Vanilla Protein
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - this is for the sautéed apples and the smoothie.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 fresh pitted dates, stevia, or a little maple to sweeten
1. COMBINE apples, water and a pinch of cinnamon into a small pot.
2. COOK over a low - medium heat for 5 minutes until softened then remove from the heat to cool.
3. COMBINE almond milk, Healthy Chef Protein, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and fresh dates into a blender.
4. BLEND until smooth and creamy.
5. DIVIDE the lightly cooked apple between serving glasses and pour in your delicious and creamy smoothie.
6. ADD nutritional boosters such as roasted or activated walnuts or granola.
Notes and Inspiration
Add a teaspoons of Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte when blending your smoothie.
Add 1 teaspoon of Healthy Chef Matcha when blending your smoothie for added glowing skin benefits. If so, use golden delicious apples in place of red apples.