Matcha Key Lime Pie
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is a delicious recipe that’s just bursting with raw goodness. It’s gluten and dairy-free and rich in antioxidants and protein. I love that it’s not too sweet. It’s the most creamy and addictive pie you’ll ever create.
140 g (4 oz/ 1 cup) almonds
6 fresh dates, pitted
50 g (1 ¾ oz /1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
½ teaspoon sea salt
180 g (6 oz / 1 ½ cups) raw cashew nuts, soaked for 3 hours
180 ml (6 fl oz / 3/4 cup) homemade almond milk
125 ml (4 fl oz / ½ cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
60 ml (2 fl oz / ¼ cup) raw honey
2 teaspoons Organic Ceremonial-Grade Matcha
2 tablespoons Marine Collagen
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
125 ml (4 fl oz / ½ cup) cold-pressed coconut oil
3-4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- COMBINE almonds, dates, coconut and sea salt into a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- PRESS the almond base firmly into the bottom of a lined 15 cm (6 inches) spring from baking tin.
- DRAIN the cashew nuts and place into a blender, then add almond milk, lime juice, honey, Matcha, Marine Collagen and vanilla and blend until smooth and creamy.
- ADD the coconut oil and blend again until combined.
- POUR the creamy matcha filling over the top of the almond base.
- PLACE the pie in the freezer for about 4 hours to set, and then place in the fridge.
- REMOVE the pie from the springform tin.
- DECORATE with sliced of kiwi fruit and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
Use organic maple syrup in place of honey.
Substitute almond milk with any dairy-free milk of your choice.