Banana Bread Pancakes
What's great about it
Now you can enjoy banana bread for breakfast - as pancakes! These high-protein pancakes are decadent, delicious and sweetened only with bananas and a little maple syrup. This breakfast will keep you nourished and satisfied all morning. The perfect recipe to share on Shrove Tuesday.
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup milk of your choice (rice milk or coconut milk)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground or chia seeds
1 banana, smashed
maple syrup to serve
Greek style yoghurt or coconut yoghurt to serve
blueberries or extra banana to serve
- Combine oats, desiccated coconut, milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and flaxseed.
- Rest the batter for 30 minutes.
- Fold smashed banana and mix through.
- Heat a non–stick pan over a low heat with a little olive oil and spoon in the pancake mix, 2 tablespoons of mix per pancake.
- Cook over a low heat so that it cooks through.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve drizzled with pure maple syrup and a dollop of yoghurt.
- Add some sliced banana or blueberries over the top.
Notes and Inspiration
Make this gluten-free by using ½ cup ground almonds in place of rolled oats, and omitting the milk.
Boost protein by adding 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein.