Warm Chia Porridge
What's great about it
This porridge is a bowl of superfood goodness and long lasting energy that will keep you going all morning. I love it because it warms me up and is full of protein, antioxidants and healthy fats to get you glowing from the inside out. Made from pear, chia, golden flaxseed, a little cinnamon, this porridge is naturally sweet, juicy and full of fibre. The porridge thickens up quickly, so I always add extra hot milk before serving.
2 small beurre bosc pears, cut into small chunks with the skin
pinch of cinnamon
1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil, olive oil or butter
1 1/2 cups of milk (your choice almond, rice, coconut etc) I used coconut milk
1/4 cup white chia seeds
1 teaspoon golden flaxseeds
coconut milk or yoghurt to drizzle
- Combine chia seeds, flaxseeds and 1 cup of milk into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Rest for 5 minutes and mix again.....this is great when you do this the night before you need it....otherwise allow 15 minutes for the chia to absorb the milk to thicken.
- Heat coconut oil in a small heavy-based pan.
- Add pears and cinnamon and cook over a medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes until golden and softened.
- Divide the pan roasted pear between 2 serving bowls.
- Heat the chia porridge in a pot over a medium heat and add the rest of the milk. At this stage, you can add other aromatics like Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte and boost with a spoonful of Healthy Chef Protein.
- Spoon porridge over the roasted pears. Add extra hot milk or a spoonful of coconut milk or yoghurt.
- Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon or even an oven roasted or poached pear. You can also add other seasonal fruits like banana, figs or roasted apple rings. For a little crunch, you can also add roasted almonds or macadamia nuts.