Green Goodness Soup
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Nutritious, delicious and power packed with goodness! Here is a yummy green goodness soup that I love to make when I need healthy comfort food to feed and nurture my body.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 leeks, sliced
6 sprigs thyme
4 bay leaves
½ cup French green lentils
1 bunch Tuscan kale, washed and finely sliced
100g baby spinach leaves
4 cups water
Generous pinch of sea salt and pepper
1 bunch basil, washed and roughly chopped
1 bunch parsley, washed and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, smashed
60ml cold pressed olive oil
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
Juice from ½ lemon
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ADD basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper into a high performance blender.
- BLEND until desired consistency.
- TASTE pesto and add extra lemon juice if needed.
- STORE in a glass jar and use as needed.
- SAUTE leek, bay leaves and thyme in the olive oil until softened.
- ADD the lentils and 4 cups of water then bring to the boil.
- REDUCE the heat and add the kale.
- SIMMER for 25 – 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- ADD baby spinach and through until wilted.
- BEFORE serving, mix through 2 – 3 tablespoons of Goodness Pesto in to the soup.
- TASTE and adjust the seasoning to your requirements.
- SERVE and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
This soup is delicious served the next day as the wholesome flavours infuse into the broth.
Goddess pesto can be made in advance and use as needed.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
This is my ultimate 15 minute meal that's the perfect addition to your busy week....
I'm pleased to announce the launch of my new book 'Perfect Digestive Health". It's the...
This delicious vegan recipe is from my #1 bestselling ebook VEGAN and my award winning cookbook Purely Delicious. The...