Healthy Chocolate Crackles
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Makes 16 chocolate crackles
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) cacao butter, melted
90 g (3 oz / 1/4 cup) cashew butter or tahini
30 g (1 oz / 1/4 cup) raw cacao powder or Healthy Chef Naked Chocolat
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup or raw honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
35 g (1 1/4 oz) unsweetened organic buckwheat puffs
50 g (1 3/4 oz / 1/2 cup) desiccated organic coconut
1. COMBINE melted cacao butter and cashew butte in a bowl.
2. MIX well using a small whisk until the cashew butter is emulsified into the cacao butter.
3. ADD cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt.
4. MIX well using your small whisk for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
5. ADD buckwheat puffs and coconut then mix through until combined.
6. SPOON into baking cups or on a lined tray using an ice-cream scoop.
7. DECORATE with your choice of toppings.
Notes and Inspiration
Use 200 g (7 oz) of good quality 70 per cent dark eating chocolate (melted) in place of making your own chocolate.