The Ultimate Chocolate Mousse
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
A velvety smooth chocolate mousse that’s guilt-free and loaded with superfoods and antioxidants. My purely delicious chocolate mousse is made from ripe avocado that is blended with Naked Chocolat and scented with pure Madagascan vanilla and a pinch of artisan sea salt. The addition of coconut cream will make the texture light and delicious.
2 ripe avocados, skin and stone removed
60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) cacao or Naked Chocolat
125 ml (4 fl oz / ½ cup) organic maple syrup
125 ml (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup) coconut cream
60 ml (2 fl oz / ¼ cup) cold-pressed coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
Pinch of sea salt
- Combine avocado, Naked Chocolate, maple syrup, coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into serving glasses or Kliner glass serving jars.
- Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours to chill completely or enjoy immediately if you can't wait that long.
- Decorate with whipped coconut cream or mascarpone, then garnish with freeze-dried raspberries.
- Enjoy the ultimate chocolate indulgence.
Notes and Inspiration
This mousse is delicious on its own or used as a topping for cakes and cupcakes.
The addition of cold pressed coconut oil will firm up the mousse.
I love to serve this mousse as part of a dessert served with smashed raspberries or spread over a fresh made chocolate cake.
For a protein rich snack on the go, add 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein
Add 1 teaspoon Healthy Chef Organic Matcha to pump up antioxidants.
Serve with a pot of refreshing and cleansing Uplifting Zen - Organic Green Tea.