Muddled Marrakech Mint Tea
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Cleaning, detoxifying and immune boosting. I love this tea! Mint contains menthol, which is a natural decongestant that helps to break up phlegm and mucus. Mint can also be effective, especially when combined with tea for relieving sore throats. Mint is also used in the treatment of IBS - it has calming and soothing properties that supports digestion and helps alleviate bloating. Cinnamon has wonderful digestive properties and may also help balance blood sugar. It also works as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial so perfect to ward off colds and flu. Star anise also has anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties that helps in the treatment of viral infection and helps to boost the immune system.
1 small bunch of mint leaves
4 sticks cinnamon sticks
3 star anis
6 cups cold water
1-2 thin slices of fresh ginger (optional)
Manuka honey to taste (optional)
- Combine mint, cinnamon, star anise and ginger in large pot.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add a squeeze of lemon to taste.
- Sweeten with a little manuka honey or stevia.
- When pouring into serving glasses, you can add cinnamon sticks and mint for garnish and serve.
Notes and Inspiration
I love to strain this delicious tea and use it to replace the water amount in my Immune Boosting Green Smoothie.