Protein Power Balls
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
This is a power packed protein ball recipe from my new cookbook. It's loaded with protein at 10 grams per serve and also high in superfoods, therefore bursting with antioxidants. I normally whip up a batch at the beginning of the week because it's a fantastic grab and go snack if I'm rushing around and need a little sustenance, or purely just to satisfy any sugar cravings when the afternoon munchies hit.
330 g raw whole almonds or walnuts
20 fresh dates, pitted
3 generous tablespoons of raw cacao or my Naked Chocolat
1 teaspoon natural vanilla paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch flaked sea salt
Coconut, Goji berry, Cacao, Nuts, Healthy Chef Matcha for rolling
- Throw almonds into the food processor with cinnamon, protein powder, a little orange zest and naked chocolat, then process until the mix looks crumbly.
- Add the dates and vanilla extract then process again until the mix starts to come together.
- Add the juice of 1/2 orange if needed, so that mixture is soft and forms a soft ball.
- Form into 14 decent sized balls.
- Roll in coconut or any other of my suggested coatings and store in the fridge until you feel like a snack.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks if they last that long.
Notes and Inspiration
Add 1 tablespoon of Healthy Chef Organic Superfood for a berry flavour and boost of antioxidants.
Blend 2 Power Balls with 1 cup of cold pressed almond milk or coconut water and frozen banana for the most delicious power packed smoothie.