Salted Nut Butter Cookies
What's great about it
Good quality nut butters are delicious! I often enjoy them straight out of a jar - a truly delicious and natural treat. Look for nut butters with no added oils, sugar or stabilisers - the only ingredient on the back label should be nuts and maybe just a little salt - that's it! I've made these cookies a number of times and they are delicious using peanut, almond or macadamia nut butter. This is perfect for holiday baking and what I love about them is that you only need a few ingredients to create pure magic.
Makes 12 cookies
1 cup (250 g) organic peanut or almond butter or macadamia nut butter
2 generous tablespoons honey or your choice of natural sweetener (coconut sugar, organic maple syrup, stevia etc)
1 organic egg
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
½ cup almonds or macadamia nuts, or other nuts roughly chopped
flaked salt to garnish
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F.
- Combine nut butter, honey, vanilla and organic egg into a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until combined. The mixture will be soft and a little sticky – but that’s how it’s supposed to look. (Based on what nuts you use the mixture will vary in consistency. For a firmer cookie you can add a few tablespoons of almond meal or coconut flour.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Spoon delicate portions onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, using a small teaspoon or mini ice cream scoop.
- Chop almonds or peanuts then garnish over the top.
- Press the cookie down so it flattens.
- Sprinkle lightly with a little flaked sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool. Enjoy.