Green Vegetable Frittata
What's great about it
I often make this super simple Frittata recipe from my Purely Delicious Cookbook for a quick mid-week dinner or lazy weekend brunch. This is a clean and healthy meal that's rich in protein and antioxidants and you'll feel nourished after eating it! Egg contains all the essential amino acids your body needs to nourish muscle and provide optimum health. They have no fat or cholesterol and are very low in calories so you can enjoy them freely as part of your healthy diet. The green veggies are loaded with easily digestible nutrients to support your health and wellbeing.
Serves 2 - 4
1 leek, sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 zucchini, chopped
3 spring onions, sliced
100 g baby spinach
pinch of sea salt and white pepper
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
4 free-range eggs (or 8 egg whites)
80 g (2 3/4 oz) feta
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Saute the leek in a pan with the olive oil over low - medium heat until soft.
- Add the zucchini followed by the spring onions and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the spinach then season with a little salt and white pepper.
- Throw in the parsley and remove from the heat.
- Arrange the green vegetables in a pan.
- Pour over the eggs (or egg whites) and mix through the vegetables gently.
- Add feta and pine nuts if using, then pop the pan into the oven.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve warm or cold with a drizzle of pesto.
Notes and Inspiration
Great for leftovers the next day.
Enjoy with a green salad or extra steamed vegetables topped with parsley, lemon and mint salsa verde.
This dish also marries beautifully with my Smashed Tomato Sauce.