Cashew Cream with Tahitian Vanilla
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
I make my lush cashew cream on a weekly basis and love to spoon it over seasonal fruits, add to smoothies or fold through my bircher muesli made from apple, blueberry and a hint of cinnamon. For me, it's comfort food loaded with health benefits. A touch of vanilla takes the cream to the next level of yumminess!
Makes 1 jar
1 cup raw cashew nuts
3/4 cup water + extra for soaking
1/2 teaspoon Tahitian vanilla extract or any other vanilla paste or powder you have
Pinch sea salt
- Place cashews into a bowl and cover completely with extra water.
- Soak for 2 - 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water.
- Place cashew nuts into a good high performance blender like a Vitamix with 3/4 cup water, vanilla and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend for about 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. If you like a thinner cream, you can add a touch more water.
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge until needed.
- Keeps for 5 days in the fridge.
Notes and Inspiration
Serve over fresh seasonal fruits such as lush strawberries.
Drizzle over Summer muesli.
Serve with pancakes drizzled with orange blossom honey.
Serve with fresh white peaches and smashed raspberry.
Add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Add 1 - 2 fresh pitted dates for a sweeter cream.
Boost protein by adding 1 tbsp Healthy Chef Protein.
Fold through Bircher muesli made with apple, banana and blueberry and top with a sprinkle of LSA.