Green Vegetable Frittata
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
I often make this super simple Frittata recipe from my Purely Delicious Cookbook for a quick mid-week dinner or lazy weekend brunch. This is a clean and healthy meal that will make you feel fantastic after eating it! Egg contains all the essential amino acids your body needs to nourish muscle and provide optimum health. They have no fat or cholesterol and are very low in calories so you can enjoy them freely as part of your healthy diet. The green veggies are loaded with easily digestible nutrients to protect against disease and illness and the aim is to try and incorporate a variety into your diet.
300 g (10 1/5 oz) leek, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 zucchinis, chopped
4 shallots, diced
100 g (3 1/2 oz) spinach, washed and chopped
pinch of sea salt and white pepper
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
5 free range eggs
80 g (2 3/4 oz) Persian feta
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Saute the leek in a pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil over a low - medium heat until soft.
- Add the zucchini followed by the shallots and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the spinach then season with a little salt and white pepper.
- Throw in the parsley and remove from the heat.
- Arrange the green vegetables into a 20 cm pan/skillet. Or into individual lined muffin cups.
- Pour over the egg whites and mix through the vegetables gently.
- Add feta then pop into the hot oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
Notes and Inspiration
Great for leftovers the next day.
Enjoy with a green salad or extra steamed vegetables topped with parsley, lemon and mint salsa verde.
This dish also marries beautifully with my Smashed Tomato Sauce.
More healthy recipes from Teresa Cutter
Shop The Story
Shop The Story
This is one of my favourite salads at the moment. I love the fact that...
Packed with protein to sustain lean muscle and calcium for good bone health, ricotta is...