Protein Almond Cookies
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Makes 12 cookies
160 g (1/2 cup) almond butter or peanut butter
60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil or butter
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
90 g (1/4 cup) raw honey
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
180 g (1 3/4 cups) rolled oats, blended into flour
160 g (1 cup) raw almonds, whole or roughly chopped
Espresso Cream (optional)
300 g ricotta, firm
2 tablespoons espresso coffee, chilled
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- PREHEAT your oven to 160 C fan-forced.
- MIX almond butter, olive oil, baking powder, honey, cinnamon and vanilla into a mixing bowl until combined.
- ADD oats and almonds then mix through to form a nutty dough.
- DUST the dough lightly with rolled oats to prevent sticking.
- ROLL the dough into a log shape and place in to the freezer for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- CUT into rounds and arrange on a baking tray.
- BAKE for 30 minutes until golden and allow to cool before serving.
To make the cream
- WHISK the ricotta, coffee and maple syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- SANDWICH cookies with the cream.
Notes and Inspiration
Enjoy these cookies on their own or sandwiched with the Espresso Cream for a truly decadent cookie.
Substitute espresso with Healthy Chef Naked Chocolat.