Protein Almond Cookies
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Makes 12 cookies
160 g peanut butter or almond butter
60 g butter soft butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
90 g (1/4 cup) raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
150 g oat flour
150 g nuts (your choice almonds, macadamia, peanuts)
handful rolled oats for rolling
Espresso Cream (optional)
300 g firm strained ricotta or cream cheese
2 tablespoons espresso coffee or coffee powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey or your choice of sweetener
- PREHEAT your oven to 160 C fan-forced.
- MIX peanut butter, butter, baking powder, honey, salt and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
- ADD oat flour and nuts then mix through to form a nutty dough.
- DUST a sheet of baking paper lightly with rolled oats and place the dough onto the paper.
- ROLL the dough into a log shape and place, rolling them in the oats to coat then wrap up like a Christmas cracker into a log shape. Place in to the freezer for at least 1 - 2 hours to firm.
- CUT into rounds and arrange on a baking tray.
- BAKE for 20 - 30 minutes until golden and allow to cool.
- ENJOY on its own or top with the cream.
To make the cream
- WHISK the ricotta, coffee and maple syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- SANDWICH or top the cookies with the cream.
Notes and Inspiration
Add 1 tablespoon Healthy Chef Naked Chocolat.