Naked Chocolate Cake
By Teresa Cutter
What's great about it
Here's my favourite recipe for a delicious one bowl chocolate cake that is full of superfoods and antioxidants. The recipe is from both my bestselling cookbooks Healthy Baking and Purely Delicious and can be enjoyed by everyone - whether you're gluten free, dairy free, paleo or just love eating chocolate, this cake is for you!
1/2 cup (2 3/4 oz) Naked Chocolate or a good quality unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup (2 3/4 oz) coconut flour
2 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
pinch of sea salt
6 organic eggs
1/2 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
125 ml (4 1/2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
125 ml (4 1/2 fl oz) coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F (fan-forced).
- Combine the cocoa, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut milk and olive oil.
- Mix well until smooth and combined - a whisk works well for this.
- Pour into a 20 cm (9 inch) baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cake for 55 - 60 minutes or until cooked through. Test after 45 mins as oven temperatures may vary.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Notes and Inspiration
My Naked Chocolate Cake is super moist and decadent and you've got the option of topping it with your favourite frosting.
My frosting of choice is a velvety chocolate ganache or for a lighter frosting spread it generously with my healthy chocolate mousse.
Alternatively frost with thick Greek Style yoghurt or whipped coconut yoghurt.